Compounding Sterile Preparations USP (797)
- 6 weeks
- Total hours: 24 hours (online teaching)
- One day practical workshop (5 hours)
About this course:
Ensuring patient benefit & reducing the risk. Providing a patient specific sterile preparation in the right dose, concentration, dilution & potency safely. Providing a patient specific sterile preparation not available commercially. Knowledge, identifying inherent risks & adapting the standards is the key towards safety.
Topics to be covered:
- Hand Washing & garbing (donning & doffing)
- Disinfecting & working in a LAFW
- Step by step aseptic compounding
- Identify different risk levels & assign BUDs.
- Differentiate between different types of BSCs
- Design a segregated Compounding area
- Understand a clean room layout