Parenteral Nutrition Aseptic Compounding Course (Advanced level)
- Total hours:16 hours (online teaching)
- One day practical workshop (5 hours): manual compounding of a TPN order
About this course:
This course provides TPN –focused instruction and training for the successful production of aseptic Total Parenteral Nutrition admixture.
This requires the mastery of aseptic technique, knowledge on classified ISO space; facilities & equipment, parenteral nutrition components & formulations, stability, and compatibility issues to ensure patient safety, and maintain product consistency.
Topics to be covered:
- Practice of aseptic technique
- Compounding a TPN bag
- Comprehension of safety & compatibility issues of manual compounding of PN
- Understanding concepts in PEC & SEC
- Identifying risk levels & setting BUD.
- Working in LAFWH.
- Writing a TPN order.
- Performing PN order review and volume calculation